This article will explain how you can open ports for your server in CSF through WHM and SSH.
Please be aware that opening ports on your server can be a security risk, please be aware of any risks when opening a specific port on your server.
There are 2 different ways to open ports on your server. One way is through WHM and one is via command line.
Steps to open ports in WHM
- Log in to your WHM:
- Click “
ConfigServer Security & Firewall,” which is under the “Plugins” section
- Go to “
- Find “
TCP_IN=” under “IPv4 Port Settings”
- Enter the port number in the list below. Make sure to separate ports with a single comma and do not enter any spaces.
- Click “
Change” at the bottom of the page.
This will reset the firewall so that the ports that you have opened will take effect.
Steps to open ports via command line
- SSH into your server.
- Go to the directory with the CSF configuration file.
- Open the file “csf.conf” (In this tutorial I used “nano” editor)
- Once you are in the configuration file, find “
TCP_IN=“, it will be under “
# Allow incoming TCP ports“
- Within the quotation marks, put the port number that you wish to open. Separate each IP using a single comma and no spaces.
- Close the file and save all changes.
- Restart the firewall.