Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source, free and cross-platform mail client and news reader for most modern operating systems including, but not limited to Windows, Macintosh and Linux...
It offers some advantages over other mail clients, including junk mail classification. Built from Mozilla code, Mozilla Thunderbird uses Gecko, the most standards-compliant rendering engine in existence.
In addition to the feature set found in Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird has several new features and improvements to make your mail and new experience better.
Note: You must delete your old Mozilla Thunderbird directory rather than just overwriting the files there. Not doing so WILL result in problems and you should not file any bugs on Mozilla Thunderbird unless you've first done a clean install.
To configureyour Thunderbird client to work with Gmail:
1. Sign in to Gmail
2. Click the Settingslink locatedin the upper-rightcorner (may also look like a gear icon)
3. Click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
4. Select Enable IMAP
5. Click Save Changes
6. Open Thunderbird
7. Click the Filemenuand select New Mail Account…
8. A Mail Account Setup window will appear. In the Name field, enter the name you wish recipientsto see when you send an email. For Email address enter your gmail, Enter your password in the Password field and click Continue.
9. Thunderbird will now query the Gmail serversand automatically configure the appropriate IMAP and SMTP connection settings for your account. When complete, Thunderbird will displaya confirmation dialog. Confirm that the connection settings are the same as those shown belowand click Create Account.
10. The Mail Account Setup window will now close. From your Thunderbird home screen, right-click on your newly created account and select Settings…
11. An Account Settings dialog will appear. Change the Account Name to anything you like. Change the Email Address field to your WOU username.
12. Click the OK button to save the changes.
Congratulations, your WOU Gmail account will now synchronize with Thunderbird.
Is it not a great idea to follow me to be recieve my last posts? Follow me now!